A pet corrector emits a blast of compressed air from a spray bottle. It produces a broad-spectrum sound which can vary from a low-frequency rumble to a high-frequency hiss. It is sprayed to interrupt a dog’s unruly behavior.
How Is Pet Corrector Useful?
The pet corrector is an ideal spray that can distract a dog from barking or being aggressive. It grabs the attention of a dog. Your dog might initially react to the pet corrector because it is made in such a way that its sound resembles the hiss of a snake or an angry duck. It can also sound like the buzz of an insect.
Package Sizes and Brands
Many companies manufacture pet correctors and they are available in various brands on the market. They are generally available in various sizes such as 30 ml, 50ml, 200 ml and you even get a holster for a 50 ml bottle.
Using Pet Correctors Responsibly
Children might find it fun to scare a dog or a pet with pet correctors. But one should keep in mind that it is a tool used for dog training purposes and to improve animal welfare. It should be kept out of the reach of children. Pet correctors generally have a training guide added along with packaging and one should read the instructions carefully. It should not be used on puppies as they will develop a fearful nature as they grow up.
Tips for Using A Pet Corrector
- Before using a dog corrector, you should test your pet’s sensitivity first. Test at a distance of 1 meter initially when your dog is behaving aggressively.
- Hold the can on the side and refrain from holding it directly in front of the dog.
- Remember that you should use this only to interrupt a very serious misdemeanor, else it will instigate behavioral problems in your dog.
- Timing for using a pet corrector is crucial. It should be used only at the time of aggression and not once your dog has calmed down.
- Make the shortest sound possible from the spray bottle because a loud one may get your dog even more aggressive in the beginning.
- Use it to correct one behavior at a time. Do not use it to correct multiple behaviors.
- Dispose the bottle as soon as it is empty.
Uses Of A Pet Corrector
A pet corrector is often used for controlling barking, jumping, and chasing habits in dogs. It can also be used to put a control on food stealing habits. This tool is not just for dogs. It can be used on horses for their tendency to chase and bite other farm animals like sheep. Horse misdemeanors can be corrected by using pet correctors too. Similarly, they can be used for cats too. This tool can be used to interrupt their stalking and catching birds’ tendencies. Pet correctors can be used to stop cats from scratching or jumping over furniture.
A great training device, pet correctors make training sessions easy and manageable. It is also used by animal behaviourists to interrupt annoying behaviour patterns.