The demand for animal health products has exponentially grown in recent years. In fact, it has become a major focus of interest from both the public and private sectors. In the last few years, there has been a marked increase in the number of articles written on this topic as well as the number of seminars organized. To date, there have been many changes to the animal health industry, but there are many things that will never change. Here are a few of these changes:
-The increase in demand for pet vaccines and cures. In late 2021, the United States passed the Homegrown Manufacturing Companies Act that permits some pharmaceutical companies to create animal health products within the United States that contain only U.S. approved ingredients. The new law does not affect all animal health products, but rather, those made with only FDA-approved ingredients and that are imported into the United States. This is a positive step towards maintaining international trade agreements. Over the next few years, however, FDA will likely require animal health products to contain only those ingredients that come directly from the United States.
– Livestock vaccines. There has been a significant increase in the use of antibiotics and other drugs for a variety of ailments in the United States and abroad. This has increased the use of animal health products that contain antibiotics and other drugs. Unfortunately, many of these drugs come from foreign sources, which can put the health of American livestock at risk. While there is debate over the possibility of reducing the use of antibiotics and other drugs, increasing the use of antibiotics and other drugs is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
Consumer Responses For Animal Health Products
– Awareness of the risks associated with improper food handling. As more reports surface regarding the dangers of eating food that is not properly handled, the number of people who are willing to make the effort to buy and consume only American-made animal products like beef cattle will increase. For now, however, until the USDA develops beef cattle standards for importation into the United States, it is important for ranchers to be aware of the potential dangers associated with improperly handling their animals.
– Awareness of companion animals. Americans love their companion animals, but many Americans are unaware of the critical health issues that companion animals face in the United States and abroad. Some of the most common diseases affecting companion animals include chronic lung disease, cancer, epilepsy, leukemia, lymphoma, and birth defects. It is important that everyone become familiar with these diseases and possible cures. Purchasing the right animal health products, like vaccines and medications, can help to ensure that our companion animals remain healthy and strong.
– Awareness of pet food recalls. Many people do not realize that one of the leading causes of death in dogs is chronic renal failure. Americans spend millions of dollars each year for pet food, yet many dogs suffer from serious nutrient deficiencies due to improper feeding and continual consumption of improperly processed pet food. Due to the prevalence of harmful pet food recalls, it is important for everyone to become as educated about pet food ingredients as they are about food safety itself. If you are going to make the effort to shop for and eat domestic or imported animal products, you should do so with the utmost care and concern.
In The End
– Awareness of veterinary vaccines. The top animal health products manufacturers are making vaccines more available to both pet owners and to the livestock industry, providing the necessary protection to help protect the domestic animal population from deadly diseases like Parvo and distemper. Without routine vaccinations, a vaccinated dog or cat risks living a short life, having his or her limbs cut off, and even dying.